Friday, May 24, 2013

Someone I Wish I had Known

I have been working on a project at my parents.  I'm scanning in old photos.  I have been wanting to see photos of my dad's dad... Clarence Hoshaw.  I never had the chance to meet him, he died in his 50's when my dad was only 11.  Here's three photos that I ran across of him.


My Father looks very much like his Dad.

Know one knows who Clarence is holding.  Be sure to mark your photos
with the year and who is in them
.

My hubby has worked hard sorting through pictures of lots of people that he doesn't know and we have made a good dent in the project, but we'll have to get back to it on another visit.
My Grandma, Maude was married to Clarence and after he passed, she married again to Frank Liston.  She outlived Frank, too.  As a kid, I was always confused of why I didn't have a Grandma Hoshaw.  Sometimes, we become adults before our family history begins to make sense.  Even then, it still doesn't.

Here's to you Grandpa!!

No comments:

Post a Comment