Friday, September 26, 2014

Caprock State Park, Texas

Prepare yourself for a lot of pictures.
We stayed a night at Caprock State Park in the RV Park.  We liked this park better than Palo Duro.



If you are interested in some Park History.  Here's where you can see it.

The welcome center has this awesome stuffed Bison.  I was glad it wasn't real.



Theo Lake



The RV spots were very nice.




We didn't have any phone service, so we drove back to the Welcome Center to call mom and found out that my younger brother, Dave, who was visiting her was in severe pain.  They went to the emergency room and found that he had Kidney Stones.  Please pray that this passes soon.
On our way back into the park we ran across a herd of the real Bison.  We we instructed to stay 50' away, but they made it pretty hard to do that.



I took a video of them trying to stop me for food, but it's too large to upload here.  I'll see if I can put it directly to Facebook.


We drove the 5 miles through the park and took pictures along the way.



This Bison Art looked real enough, but they weren't.





The Bison roam free in the Park, so how do you suppose this snail could just crawl across the path.


They have a large Prairie Dog area.

















At the end of the five mile roadway, we took the South Trail for a four mile walk.  The Red River cuts through and was dry for the most part, but there were a few wet spots after the rain.





















We didn't see where the formations had been named, but I would call the above, Gandalf.  And the below, Organ Pipes.






Did you see the face in the above?
Tana, I found a camping spot just for you.


We didn't go up this path because of the tracks we had seen earlier!


We saw all sorts of footprints.  I took the next two pictures, but the third one I found on the internet.  What do you think made these tracks?




I found this on the Mountain Lion page.  YIKES!!!


This was the only place we could get phone reception.  So, we called this, The Phone Booth.


We came back to this spot at sundown to catch some pictures and to make a few calls and check on my brother.  He is doing better today after they gave him pain meds.
It was overcast and I didn't quite get the results I had hoped for.








It was still a beautiful evening with a cool breeze.  I felt more like I was in AZ than in TX.  Wait........ I am in Texas, right?

We drove 170 miles down the road Friday morning (today) to Wichita Falls RV Park and we plan to stay here until Sunday and then drive on over to Bonham, TX where we lived for awhile in 2009 - 2010.
The Heavens and the Earth declare the Glory of the Lord!!!

Blessings,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment