Friday, June 20, 2014

Lady's Day

We woke up to clouds that cleared off into sunshine this morning.  We went out fishing for several hours and had a blast.  Craig was like having a personal boat guide today as he help me with several fish that I caught.  We weren't fishing for Muskie, but I caught my first one today!  He jump while I was bringing it in and he gave me quite a little fight.  It was 36" long and weighed around 11 lbs.  The scales we have aren't the best.  We may need to get another one of those. Craig got it off the lure for me and then I did my best to hold it up.




I caught one fish after another and we only kept the walleye and then Craig brought in this 5lb, 21" long Small mouth Bass.  Neither one of us likes to wear a hat, but the sun can really bake you when it's out, so we bought a couple of these straw things.  Craig doesn't even look like himself and I'm not too thrilled about having photos taken at all, especially with the hat on.


The owners of the campground have a little rhubarb patch and Nancy invited me to pick some.  This was my haul.  Now it's a trip to town to get some strawberries for a Rhubarb/Strawberry pie!



This is the smaller bass and walleye.  We only cooked up the walleye for super with some asparagus.  I wonder if I would ever get tired of eating fresh caught fish.  I don't think so.


I had a nice chat on the phone with my good friend Sandy Goodman just to round out a very wonderful day.
It clouded up and rained a bit after we came in tonight.  I don't think we'll get any more for today.
Tomorrow morning, Tana and her family of six arrive and we are looking forward to fishing and swimming with them.  Praying they have a safe trip without driving through any rain.

Blessings,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment