Monday, June 9, 2014

Cheese Heads

We pulled out of our beautiful place by the river this morning and headed to a Flying J on the way to I39/90. 


We filled the RV with gas that is 30 cents less a gallon than it was in Indiana.  We also filled our propane tank and then my cousins, Marty and Debbie got a quick tour of the Whale and then joined us for breakfast before we got out on the Highway.  It was so great to see them!


Craig, Kathy, Marty and Debbie.


Wisconsin is really a beautiful state and it's so green after all of the rain.  It was a near perfect day and we enjoyed the rolling hills.



It was so tempting to take a day at the Wisconsin Dells.  I haven't really stopped there since I was a kid going on fishing trips to Minnesota, but instead, we pulled into a nice quiet parking lot and took a nap before driving on in to Minomonie, WI.
We came through this way last year and spent one of our first nights in a Walmart parking lot.  We have a directory that tells us which ones allow you to spend the night and there is a whole set of etiquette to follow.  It's going to be cool tonight and good for sleeping.


Our view after I got a haircut and did some shopping.  We put together a salad and a pre-made BBQ Cranberry Chicken to have in the freezer until I crock pot it.  I'm starting to think ahead to have meals ready so we can fish and enjoy the weekend with our two sons that will be driving up to our campground on Friday.  I hope we will just catch enough Walleye to get our fill of them.

Tomorrow we will see my brother's son, Ryan and his family near Minneapolis, MN.  It's just a couple hours away from where we are tonight.

See you down the road.
Kathy


No comments:

Post a Comment