Monday, April 15, 2013

Step by Step, Inch by Inch

It's been busy, but good as we pair down, weed out, downsize or whatever you call what we are doing!  We spent Sat at a swim meet (Carter and Kyra swim) and then a baseball game (Collin and Cooper) we also fit in several other things.  Sunday is a blur.  Can't begin to tell you all that went on, but we did get a chance to celebrate Craig's brother, Chuck's, 75th Birthday.  It was fun to see so many family members.  

We finished packing up the garage and we have piles here and there.  Some stuff goes to Tana's, some to storage and some to the Whale (RV) when we pick it up on Sat.  That will happen if we aren't under snow or it's too cold for the poor thing.  We also looked at a Honda CR-V and have another one to look at on Tues trying to find something as a TOAD (tow behind the motor home  type of vehicle.  We like the Honda's because they keep their resale value.

The bedroom set is sold and gone, so we are on the blow up mattress that we will use in the RV, but it's on the floor in our bedroom currently.  That gives all new meaning to "GETTING UP" in the morning.

Today is full of things to do.  Craig went in to work for a few hours this morning.  I shopped, put gas in the Honda Pilot and put some veggie soup in the crock pot and then cleaned up the downstairs mother-in-law apartment for the last time.  I took pictures for old times sake.  Some of the homes I have moved into over the years have not been this clean.  I'm thinking of one that as I opened the oven door it had something that looked like strings of bazooka bubble gum that stretched out with the door.  Gross. Since we just painted and carpeted everything this past August, it all seems like a new house.  Upstairs... not so much, yet.  All the RV stuff is up there.  That's my next project to organize.

Downstairs Bedroom 2
 We had this home built in 1997 and after the passing of Craig's father, Dick Collins from Crown  Point, Indiana, Craig's mom moved into this apartment in our walk out home.  She was with us for nearly 8 years.
Downstairs Living Area (sold furniture that stays)

Downstairs Kitchen

Downstairs Master Bathroom

Downstairs Storage and Sprinkler Room

Downstairs Second Bathroom (I was tempted to say #2)



















So, that was the morning.  Craig came home from the office and I headed out for the yearly exam.  Does it get any better than that, really.  My doctor never quite knows what to do with me.  I don't take any 
drugs, (just fish oil) and I don't have any major complaints.  So they drew 5 pints.... I mean vials of blood.  What do they do with all of that?  So, I'll wait for the test results, but I'm expecting a clean bill of health.

By the time I had gotten back home, Craig had picked up the moving truck and we started packing up the boxes that were going into storage....... and the snow started to fly.  We were able to back right up to the garage, so things stayed dry.  We filled the truck and headed down to the storage unit.  Tana's hubby, Barry, was stuck in traffic coming down from the mountains so he came a bit late.  Tana came over, too and we unloaded and stack all of our belongings into a 10X10 space.  We made a second trip to get several things that were going to Tana's for safe keeping until we decide if we are going to buy a home in the future..... and the snow came down harder.

Now time was getting to be an issue because we had made arrangements to sell the Honda Pilot to a wonderful couple from Colorado Springs and they were on their way up and we needed to be home at 7pm.  Sure glad I had started that veggie soup!!!  I was very hungry after fasting until it was time for my 1pm appointment.  Ya gotta luv those afternoon physicals.  NOT!

The snow is starting to accumulate now and the couple came, paid us for the car and they headed off back to the Springs.  The news just said that we are getting 2" an hour.  Sure glad all of that stuff is in the storage unit and Craig and I are vegging out after eating our veggie soup and wondering if we will be able to move in the moving.  Getting UP could be even more of a challenge in the morning.

It was late in the day before I heard about the Boston Marathon bombing.  My heart and prayers went out to all of those poor families.  Don't ya just hate things like that?!

I have 2 chairs and a roll top desk that still need to be picked up, but I'm hopeful that we don't come up with too many more things to go into the storage unit because it's pretty maxed out.

Tomorrow is another day.  I'll start thinking about that once I get out of bed.  Are you tied, yet?  I am.

NIGHT Y'ALL

No comments:

Post a Comment