Thursday, April 11, 2013

Down to the Bare Bones

It's done!  That part of packing that I really dislike..... trying to decide what clothing to keep, which to pack for storage and what to just send off to the big used clothing pile in the sky.  Craig and I both spent time going through all of our clothing.  Bah Bah Black Sheep, we have 6 black bags full of nice stuff.  Now to decide who to have pick it up.  I had just heard of a new Veteran's Organization, but I think they are only out east.  Any recommendations?


We are hoping to fit all our "stuff" into a 10 x 10 storage unit. We still have a few major pieces of furniture, that we may just keep if someone doesn't pick them up.




                                                                    Roll Top Desk


This has been a nice piece of furniture, but I think it's a thing of the past.... Roll Tops and China Cabinets

If I don't keep the China Cabinet, there wouldn't be much sense in having china. What is the sense in having china?

Now it's time to get to bed. Last night was a bit rough sleeping on the air mattress that we have had for several years. It's really pretty comfy, but we made a last minute decision to pump some additional air into it, since we hadn't done that in a couple years. It was WAY to hard for me and kept waking me up. I greeted poor Craig at 4am with, "The Bed seems too hard". So, the poor guy jump out of bed and proceeded to let some of the unneeded air out of the bed. Ah, that's much better and I'm looking forward to trying this "setting" tonight. We used to have a sleep number bed and they do make them for RV's, so it may be something we will look into once we get on down the road.

Did I mention that we got through the inspection and the appraisal and now we are on track for closing on the 26th. Tana has set up a retirement party for Craig. It's an Open House, so everyone is invited. Sunday April, 28, 6-9 p.m. Did I mention how hard it will be to move away from family? Argha!

I'm think that I will go ahead and publish this to Facebook. I ask myself, "who really would read a blog like this", but I guess stranger things have happened.




2 comments:

  1. You might check out one of the new memory foam mattresses instead of the sleep number. We just bought a 12" on line for the Murphy Bed. It is super comphy! I think the hardest part for you is going to be leaving the family, but you and Craig have always been such faithful servants and have gone where ever the Lord has led you! Can't wait for the adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sandy. We have slept two nights now on the "blow up" air mattress that we purchased for $100.00 at Walmart several years ago. After letting out a little extra air after night #1, I slept straight through until Craig's wake up call at 4:30am. I sure hope he is able to get over that early morning thing once he isn't working. He says he wakes up and can't get back to sleep because he starts thinking about things that he needs to do. Yesterday we ran around looking for some misplaced jewelry and stones that I had put in a "safe" place while we were showing the house. Could not find it or begin to remember what we had down with the little zip lock bag it was in. SO, at 4:30am, I asked the Lord to show me/remind me what I had done with it. HE DID!!! The Lost has been found and now we can stop thinking about what bag or furniture that we have sold or given away that it was in. Thanks you, LORD!!!

    ReplyDelete