Friday, April 26, 2013

A Day with The Whale Beached


This is how the day ended.

It was a full and lovely day.  We are still working on the leaking pipe under the sink issue.  We are tightening the fitting a little at a time in order not to strip it.

Craig went in for his last day of work .  I dropped him off so I would have the car and headed down to Tana's to pick up some homework that granddaughter, Kyra, forgot and took it to school.  Tana was already at meeting.  Once I passed off that paperwork, I was on my way to the store to find yet more STUFF to stuff into the Whale.  It can consume large amounts.  We are planning a campfire for Sat night with hot dogs, chips and smore's.  Sunday will be a party for Craig and since my freezer is full here, I stopped back at Tana's to stuff her freezer.

Craig's work had a very nice good-bye party for him and he was given a very nice rod and reel for those future fishing days.
I rearranged things in our room and then finally had that nice long shower I didn't get yesterday due to the shower backup.  It was wonderful, with no troubles at all!  I didn't even turn off the water between wet.soap.rinse cycles.

It was time to head over for the closing on our home.  Lots of paperwork, but all went smoothly.  Here's the picture of the Retired Guy and his wifey:


We came back to the Whale and Craig took his first retirement nap before dinner!!

He really dislikes when I take pictures of him sleeping, but who can resists such a cutie?



He has this wonderful ability to fall asleep whenever and wherever he is.  This could come in very handy in our future days.

Our Realtor is Karen Mistrot.  She did such a wonderful job with the sale of our home and then she topped it off with this specialty bundt cake.


Now, this is the way to start retirement!!  Thanks Karen!! Frosting is Craig's favorite thing in the world and it was on the best tasting cake I have ever had!! Blessings on you for topping the day off with such a treat!!


Need I say more?  I may have another piece before the day is over.... IF Craig will let me.

We had a nice dinner and then a walk down to the Cherry Creek Reservoir just in time to catch that sunset.

Beach with water level pretty low.

Denver Tech Center west of the lake.



The roadway over the dam is called Vaughn Road, but everyone calls it the Dam Road.  Tana was driving her boys to baseball last year and got to the turn for this road and found it had been closed and she said out loud, "oh no, the Dam Road is Closed".  Her kids immediately chastised her for her language.


Two Homeless Retired People... wasn't it just a couple of years ago that we got married?  Was 1970 that long ago?

Tomorrow we need to do some work on the Whale's Tail.  The hitch receiver needs to be attached.  Tana's, Barry, is going to loan us his garage to work in and hopefully help with any problems that arise.

Spouting off...............












No comments:

Post a Comment