Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Lasts and Firsts

Thanks for all of your support and encouragement!!!  I haven't had a lot of time for computing, but I hope to have LOTS of time to catch up in the near future.

It was a day of Lasts and Firsts (hence the title).
It was the last time I would clean the house we had built on Cathay St. We finished moving everything out.  We don't close until Friday, but we have put everything we can into storage and finished cleaning in the house.

Here's what it looks like empty:  we just painted and moved in Aug. 1st, so it seemed a bit strange to go back to seeing it look like it did then.

 Last time to clean or arrange the guest room closet.





A rather dark and distorted view of the front room.  We sold some furniture to the new owners.    Guest Bath upper level.  We took our last shower in a full sized bathroom.

 Kitchen is all clean and a bit hard to leave.  We have owned this home since 1997, but haven't lived in it that whole time.  It was rented out for 6 years.





Leaving a nice washer/ dryer and going back to laundromats will be strange.

Master Bedroom and bath (above).  I actually had my own closet and bathroom.



Craig worked his last day in this office.






And then there are all of the "firsts"

I drove The Whale for the first time today.  It was actually easier than I thought it would be.  I did run over one curb in the Safeway parking lot.  32 feet is more than I have ever driven.  Craig is the pro at this size vehicle, but I wanted to get this trial behind me before we head too far down the road.

It was a first time for flushing out the winterizer in the water system.  Craig did his research and it all went well.



It was the first time that we drove the RV fully loaded.  We made some sharp turns and hard stops and only a few things moved any great distance.  The Bose Radio was one, but it seemed to survive the 8' it went through the air.  It didn't even lose time.

We got all set up and we didn't even have an argument.  I was thrilled with how easy it was the leveling and setup went!!  Thanks be to God!!





Once we got set up, Craig had to work in his new office.  He has two more days to go!


Craig has been such a hard worker all of his life.  Thank you Lord for your provision through Craig!

So, we made the leap, took the plunge, put our best foot forward and put our trust in the Lord to get us through all of this.

It was a first time for cooking in my little kitchen, first time using our toilet, first time checking in to an RV camp site and first time working out of The Whale.

We are waiting on parts to put the Tail on the Whale.  Craig got a call that the receiver for the Blue Ox Hitch was back ordered and may be late getting here.  Craig said that once he finishes work on Friday, he really doesn't care where we are or when we go.  We'll see how long that attitude will last.

Done spouting off for the night..... did I tell you that we have water in the Whale now and I don't have to go into the house when I get the urge?  Did I tell you that Craig is doing the dishes in our new kitchen while I lounge here on the couch writing this?  Now, we need to go out of the park and pick up a few things and check our house for mail.


No comments:

Post a Comment