Tuesday, July 8, 2014

You Should See the Other Guy

I woke myself up from a dead sleep Monday night.  I was dreaming about a woman who was trying to steal something from behind me.  My instinct was to swing with a right hook.  I landed the punch into the wooden clothes closet next to my bed.  Do you think it's broken or sprained?


I tried to tape it to the ring finger, but it's too painful.  I've had to modify my fishing technique and how I type, but otherwise, it will heal soon.

We were invited to breakfast by a couple that have lived on Little Boy Lake for 24 years.  They are from southern Minnesota and have a very nice home.  We went by boat to the other end of the lake and Lorin was waiting for us on his dock.  His wife Carol had prepared a wonderful breakfast and we so enjoyed getting to know them better and the fellowship that we had.  They attend a Lutheran Church.  What a sweet time we had sharing with them.

We left their place and fished for a few hours (with my modified fishing technique), but it was SO windy again that we didn't catch much and finally came in.

We double dipped with meals out Monday because we had made arrangements to meet my brother, Bob and Pam at Jimmy's in Walker at 5 pm.  It was a very nice meal and visit. 


Pam, Kathy and Bob

This morning (Tues) we went out fishing and the wind kept getting stronger and stronger as the morning progressed.  The YMCA has sail boats and takes the kids out.  They love the windy days!



We wrestled the wind and caught several fish, but only kept one Walleye and one Bass.

We rested the rest of the day and made a trip into Longville to pick up a few groceries.

We tried out the new pizza stone that we bought to help the heat in my easy bake oven to heat more evenly.  We saw a tip on an RV site and thought we would try it out.  It worked well.

It's hard to believe that we are coming to the end of our month stay here in Minnesota.  We leave Saturday morning to meet Kathy and Vern in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.  From there we'll make a trek down through MI visiting my cousin and then back to Indiana and the Cedar Lake Ministry RV Park for another month.

Our family will all be coming in for the Hoffman Family Reunion (my mom's family) on Aug 3rd.  All of our kids and grand kids hope to make it in and we'll be picking up Mom at Midway when she flies in from Las Vegas, too.

Blessings,
Kathy 

No comments:

Post a Comment