Friday, July 25, 2014

These are a Few of My Favorite Things

No dog bites or bee stings (thankfully), but we are back in our hometown area and we have been busy visiting friends and spending time with family.  Our three children and 8 grandkids and my Mom are all coming in for Mom's Hoffman Family Reunion   on Aug 3.

Our two sons, live in this area and our daughter is in Colorado. This is Jeff and Rachel's backyard.




We are walking and enjoying the wonderful green and flowers all around.


Todd's daugher, Haley is our oldest grand child and she is here from California for a couple of weeks.


We are in an RV park that is near Cedar Lake and there is a lovely neighborhood to go walking through. This was early morning a couple of days ago.



Todd set up his tent and he and Haley spent some time with us.


My once neighbor and still friend, Denise went for a nice walk with me today through the Lake County Fair Grounds.  I grew up just across the street from it.  This covered bridge has been here for many years.
They are busy making preparations for the County Fair that will go from Aug 1 through the 10th.



This is Denise.  I caught her a bit off guard when I snapped this.  She has been a good friend through the years!  She blessed us with fresh greens from her garden.  You gotta luv that!!!


They have taken out the old pier at Fancher Lake.  I spent many hours swimming and ice skating here and took Life Guard training from Tiny Paulsen. This is a new pier that has been added.



Hope you are having a very blessed summer!!

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment