Saturday, August 3, 2013

Raining and Relatives

It's been tough with my internet connection that past couple of days.  I think it's been the cloudy, rainy weather, but who really knows.  For some reason, I was awake at 3am and I tried my best to get more sleep, but I just couldn't do it.  So, I thought I would try an early morning post.  I just could not get my phone to email my pictures yesterday, but they were here this morning.

This weekend is our big Hoffman reunion.  My mother comes from a huge family and they gather yearly.  It's been several years since we were here for one. The weather is supposed to be clear and cool, so I am holding the weatherman to that.

We have a big group of family coming in from Florida and they came out to visit the farm today.  It's always so wonderful to see these faces!!

Aunt Rosie with her daughter, Jan who is here from Arizona.  Jan has horses and just wanted to see the place where we have been staying.

Florida Folks.. mainly cousins... there are about 49 of us that are first cousins.  I'm not sure how many will be here for the reunion.


We will have a lot of fun and time together over the next couple of days.

After this visit, Craig and I drove to Lowell to meet up with my High School friend, Betty.  We will be wrapping up our stay in Indiana and heading down to southern Illinois to help Betty with her business for awhile.

John and Judy have let us stay here for 3 weeks and it has been wonderful.  They brought home their big horse, WD and John was letting us get a good look at him.



Judy fixed a wonderful shrimp boil for us last night and we ate GOOD!!!

So, today will be moving the Whale to our son's house, meeting the Valentine family who will all be gathering midday today and then pizza and bonfire time with family this evening.

It's a bit foggy out now, but I'm holding the weather guys to a gorgeous day here in Indiana.


No comments:

Post a Comment