Monday, August 5, 2013

Effingham, Illinois is where we are for the night.  This is only our second time staying in a parking lot, but we needed to pick up a few things and we planned to sleep, sleep, sleep tonight and let our bodies recover from over a month in Indiana.

What a wonderful time of seeing people and we were even glad to help out in a few places.  Thanks everyone for the wonderful hospitality and I found myself saying, "These are my people".  No one made fun of my accent (at least not to my face) and it was great to see so many old friends and family members.

I've already posted on Facebook a new album I made about the Hoffman Family Reunion we attended yesterday.  I have lots of family and mom's side has a bunch.  Here's a picture with just about 1/2 of my first cousins.  I need to recount, but at one time there were about 48 of us.


It was hard on my mom and on the Utah, Don Hoffman Family who were not able to join us.  We all thought of them and dearly missed them.

Kathy, Craig, Todd (son) with his fiance, Marie.  Jeff (son) and his wife, Rachel and kids.... Kristen, Kara & Ty. We had all of our family together except for Todd's Haley and Tana's 6.  They just got back from a trip to Mexico and were all out of vacation time.

So, we are on our way to Keyesport, IL. to help my High School buddy with some things.  She owns a couple of businesses on Carlyle Lake and just needs some help since her husband passed away in May.  We really had no plan past Indiana, but the Lord opened this door pretty wide and we felt this is what we would do.... we aren't sure for how long.

Thank you, thank you... to everyone who fed us, fellowshipped with us, encouraged us, kept us and let us use their showers, pet their dogs and talk their legs off.

Love and blessings My People.

No comments:

Post a Comment