Thursday, January 23, 2014

Yuma, Arizona

We took a twenty minute drive into Yuma, AZ today. We lived in Arizona from 1978-1980 in Glendale at Luke AFB when Craig was still an Officer in the US Air Force.  This was the first time we have been in Yuma.  We enjoyed our trip.  Yuma spreads out along I8 for several miles.  Google has the population at nearly one Million.  I think most of them are "gray hairs".... retired people.

We went to see a movie today that was pretty good.  It was, "Jack Ryan".  We then had lunch, bought a few groceries at the busiest store I have ever been in before called, Frys.  

I haven't cut my hair since Aug and I always think I'm going to let my hair grow out.  Well, it looked so badly all of the time, and I came to same conclusion that I have come to every time it gets to this length.... where can I get my hair cut???  We found a shop.... I was a walk in (which I never like to be), but she seemed to do a good job.  Morning will tell more.

Here's a few photos Craig took for me today.



There is a small group of mountains between Wellton and Yuma.  This is on our way back to Welton coming up on the Dome Valley.








While we were at Martinez Lake yesterday, I asked why it's call Dome Valley.  I was directed to a mountain that has a "dome" on the top and I took a picture.  It's over the top of the palm tree.



It was a bit overcast here today and I found myself feeling guilty to be in 70 degree weather while it's so cold in most of the rest of the US.  I'm understanding "snow birds" better than I did before.

We came back and were invited to a chat outside at our neighbors.  They were all Canadians.  Probably 75% of the RV park is Canadian.  So pleasant and very nice and we had a nice time of getting to know one another.  We then hit the hot tub and I didn't get in any lap swimming since it was getting late and it does cool off after 4pm.

Tomorrow is Friday and we have been here a week already.  Mom seems to be keeping busy and doing OK.  We talked about how Tuesday was the second month anniversary of Dad's passing.  So much has taken place during that time, that it seems like it was much longer ago.

Have a great evening,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment