Monday, August 17, 2015

Colorado

We are off the road again.  Maybe until November. We started out this morning in a sprinkle and then the sun came out.  There were storm, tornado and hail warnings, but it wasn't as bad in our area as they were saying.  We are thankful.
We got off to a rough start this morning.  We have to run the CR-V through a routine for the gears with the engine running.  The Honda wouldn't start.  So, we dragged it away from the other campers, since it was early.  Then, we had to disconnect it from the Whale, turn the Whale around and use it's engine to jump start the car.  We aren't sure what is running the battery down.
But, we finally got down the road and then realized the fuse for the dash gauges went out somewhere in the process.  Maybe they are related.  We pulled into a rest stop and Craig replaced the fuse and it has been fine the rest of the day.
We turned off of I 80 unto 76 and entered Colorful Colorado.  At first, it looked a bit drab because of the weather, but I don't believe I have ever seen east Colorado as green as it is.




We had a pleasant surprise with miles of sunflowers.  They were beautiful.  I tried to take more photos and then realized that my phone battery was dead.  It was a bad day for batteries.


We checked in at the office, but the Ranger won't be back from his vacation until tomorrow.  So, we told them what spot Carl had said we would be in in the Volunteer Loop #73.  They believed us and sent us over to get settled in.  We washed a few bugs off the Whale and headed over to Tana's apartment to check on the kids.  Tana and Barry have been in Las Vegas for her 40th Birthday.  Mom even baked a cake for her. They will be back home late tonight and we'll see them sometime tomorrow.


Grandpa trying to help Cooper (6th grade) with his homework.

Sam always remembers us and was glad to see us.

Collin (7th grade) getting ready to go to football practice.

Kyra (9th grade) and Carter (10th grade).  They are both way taller than I.
Driving back into the park, the clouds were building again, but we haven't had any more rain up to this point.



The Volunteer campsites aren't quite as large as the rest of the park sites, but it's nice, clean and well kept.  This may be home for a couple of months.  Once we jumped the car again and let it run, the battery seems to be taking a charge.  Not sure, yet, what is draining the battery while we go down the road. 

Some have been asking how I am feeling.  I had a cold hit me like a ton on Thursday.  I have been able to function and each day I seem a little better.  I'm still coughing if I over exert myself, but I'm trusting to be ready for work tomorrow. 



I have carried around this "garden" for over a year. It is trying to bloom, so I hope the altitude change from Indiana to Colorado isn't too much for it.

Not sure how much I will be blogging during this time here.  I'm not too sure of much at this point.  It will be interesting to see how this turns out.  Right, Jay?

Blessings,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment