Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Duck Creek RV Park in Las Vegas, NV

Good Morning!
If you only read these in your email and aren't on Facebook, I need to tell you that the cataract surgery on dad's left eye was a success.  He now has 20/60 vision in that eye.  We aren't sure if they are going to do the other eye, but his mood seems much better.  He even posed for this shot yesterday.



This morning, Craig went out for his run and I for my walk.  There is a huge sport complex next to the RV Park.  There was a nice gentleman who held the gate open for me to enter the park and the Park is huge.


I walked my mile and decided that I always look for a way to look skinny and tall...... I found it.  The legs are still a bit on the stout side, though.


I got back to the gate and realized that it had a locked and I didn't have a key.  Oh bad.  I saw a man working in the garden area and pleaded my stupid blondness as an excuse and after thoroughly quizzing me about whether or not we were staying in the park... he let me in.  It would have been a long walk to places I have never been if he had not.

We decided to go for a swim and hot tub.  They do have a very nice facility here.



Aaaahhhhhhh.

It's not a "fancy" park, but it has everything we need and everyone here has been very nice to us.... especially the two guys that let me in and out of the gate.  Well, maybe not the first guy because he probably realized he was locking me in.  I'll be looking for him tomorrow.



There are four long roads with RV's.



We have an end, corner lot and our car fits there, too.  It even has a bit of shade which is pretty unusual in Vegas.  Yesterday was 102, but they say it will be the last day of triple digits for the year.  I like that!!



It really is a pretty nice place and the price is the best in the area.

Today, mom gets her new frig/freezer.  I believe I told you about her old one not freezer her food solid.  We moved most of the freezer stuff to a friends frig (they are still in WI) and we have an 11:30 to 1:30 window for delivery today.  We found just what she needed at Best Buy and they had free delivery and haul away.  Hopefully, this one will be just what she wanted.

Thanks again for all of your prayers and kind words to dad as he went through his surgery.  He is so happy to be able to see TV and everything once again.  We are prayerful that seeing will also greatly improve his mood.

Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment